Honestly though, you people haven't missed much. The Coles Notes version:
- Spent the last half of September sick (oh, hospitals, how I
loveloathe thee). I'll spare the gory details; let's just say I hope never to have an internal bleeding infection ever again! My blood can stay in my veins, thanks. The side effects of the medication were almost worse than the infection itself. I still feel nauseous a lot but it's getting better. : )
- Faced a couple of difficult choices in September, most notably whether or not to throw in the towel versus continuing to allow my loyalty in a particular friendship to be taken for granted. In the end I called it quits. Wasn't easy. But, I can no longer afford to be emotionally invested in people who figure it's okay to turn their back on me whenever it suits them while still expecting to find me waiting when they deign to bless me with their presence again. I'm owed better than that. I don't think it's too much to expect the people I call "friend" to actually act like adults and deal with me instead of entertaining fifth-grade level playground antics.
- I went to war! After two and a half years playing the game, I've gotten into PvP in EVE Online. My first few battles were not so spectacular (including one really embarrassing mistake) but after I joined up with Comic Mischief I learned a lot very quickly and have been having a pretty good time. War decs help too. : ) The first war really didn't have a lot of combat in it but I think that was good for me since it let me get used to flying in a proper fleet. Made some new friends too which is excellent. We have another war dec in the works!
- ranakanth and I split up at Easter. I've been an emotional mess since then. Trying to move on; have tried and still trying to date but honestly failing miserably. It's hard to start over and every time I think I'm "getting there", well, something happens to remind me my heart is still tangled up. He and I are still friends though and I'm thankful for that.
- Going to Vegas! This is actually an "up and coming". My plane leaves on Hallowe'en and I'm gone almost two weeks. W00t w00t. Vacation is good.
- Work is work. Some epic stupid lately, what with the building losing power while the senior staff were away and my bosses thinking I was joking about it when I asked for help. Real awesome stuff.
- House hasn't fallen down yet. Win! This November I've been here six years. Four to go for the mortgage. In about two and a half to three years it'll be time to start deciding what to do when the mortgage is gone. I've been thinking about New Zealand again.
- Haven't done much of anything creative lately what with all the stress and "life". Seems the Muse is taking off for vacation more often than using all that drama as fuel. But hopefully the recent Photostream plus the next one which is nearly done is a sign I can get things going again. Also, art? Like, ever? I did buy a Cintiq for crying out loud. Also recently picked up neondragon's latest book. Just need to actually...do something.